Hot on the heels of this morning’s release of Open webOS comes the exciting announcement from the webOS-Ports.org team that they have successfully ported Open webOS to a Google Nexus phone.
Says Tom King of webOS-Ports:
The Community has been working right along with HP to make this a reality. With every release of code we have continued to track along and get things working with hardware, as much as possible, till today’s release let us put it all together, Kudos go the WebOS Ports team and especially Morphis, JaMa, and GNUtoo for working to get us to this point.
Tom said they are working on getting hardware acceleration working still. That said, here’s a video of Open webOS running on the Google Nexus:
And an image of the device:
- personalized-gifts-pro likes this
- buy-steroids-uk-co likes this
- hellothisisbrandon reblogged this from curzon
- ricardocamargo likes this
- curzon reblogged this from openwebos and added:
- danootz likes this
- summerrain90 likes this
- simplyannaeeee likes this
- openwebos posted this